Ad Code

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

black seas frigate

Black Seas Frigate - A few posts ago I wrote that I was working on building, painting, and manipulating some fleets for the game Warlord's Black Seas. Well, they are done!

In the image above you can see a French third-class ship taking on a similar British ship, while in the background a small Spanish brig runs away.

Black Seas Frigate

Black Seas Frigate

My fleet consists of the three sizes of ships shown here, from a large third class at the back, to a frigate, and finally a small brig at the front.

Black Seas: Royal Navy 1st Rate

This picture gives a good view of the rigging. This is a little difficult to pull, but worth the overall effect. Notice how the folds of the paper flag make it look realistic.

The sheath and rope for mounting the pole are made of clear plastic. Most of the time these look good, but sometimes they shine when light hits them. I tried to paint some of them with a matte varnish, but it ended up cloudy - not recommended!

The third class stern and frigate were very ornate, and did very well in a combination of dry brushing and washing. The stern brig is simpler (I just noticed the connecting lines were showing, and I needed sanding!).

For those interested, the water effect in the picture above is from the sea carpet provided in the Black Sea starter box. I paint the sky myself.

Black Sea Incident

Hi, I'm Roly, also known as '' in some forums. I am based in Paraparaumu on the beautiful Kāpiti Coast, New Zealand.

This is 'me' in the image above, by the way, as a 54mm custom model made by the famous Perry twins! Now in the large Chunuk Bair Battle diorama at 'The Great War Exhibition' in Wellington, New Zealand.

Lego black seas barracuda 6285, lego black seas barracuda 1989, black seas, pokemon black 2 plasma frigate password, plasma frigate black 2, black seas wargame, lego pirates black seas barracuda, lego black seas barracuda, lego black seas barracuda 2020, black seas barracuda, lego black seas barracuda instructions, black seas barracuda lego set

Post a Comment

0 Comments

Recent Comments

Ad Code